Saturday, November 08, 2014

Taiwan Trip 2014 - How to book Taiwan High Speed Rail Train Tickets

To book Taiwan High Speed Rail Train Tickets online, just log on to the official website of Taiwan HIgh Speed Rail.

Before booking online, you might want to check the timetable and fare first. Just type in the destination you wanted to depart and/or the destination of arrival. Then type in the date of departure and/or arrival (for return tickets) and the preferred time and click seach for the information.

After having a rough idea of the timetable and fare, you can click and book online. Just type all the information requested and click search.

A timetable and fare will pop up with the different discount for the different timing. It's wise to choose the greater discount (35%) unless you have a deadline to meet. Can really save a lot.

The early bird discountof 35% off, 20% off, or 10% off are offered with limited quantity no later than 5~28 days before the departure date (including the departure date). Once you have select your choice, click confirm.

After confirming, you need to key in all your personal particulars. Do take note, that I have a problem keying in my Singapore passport no. I had to add my day of birth in addition to my passport no. For example if I was born on 15th March, I need to key in 15 at the end of my passport no. (example EZ63********15).

You can choose to pay on the spot or later but remember to print the confirmed email from Taiwan HIgh Speed Rail with the status:"PAID".

Hope you have no problem booking your tickets with the above information.

12 comments:

samantha said...

Hi, do u have problem when u key in ur name to book for the tickets, apparently there is an error in mine stating :

Passenger 1 First Name Please enter alphabetic characters only

thinking if u can help?

alicesg said...

I dont have a probem. For your information, Last Name (means surname in Singapore,not sure which country are you from.), first name will be your given name. eg. If your name is Tan Ah Teck , your surname is Tan and so the last name should key in as Tan and first name will Ah Teck. Hope this helps.

discoverme said...

Hello! Not sure if I'm going to get any replies for this, and in time. I'm from Singapore and it seems like the THSR online booking is slightly different now and the ones you had before. Anyway, just want to ask how did you do online booking? Did you have a Taiwan number to key in? :/ Because I don't have one and I'm unable to get through. Would appreciate your response. Thank you! :)

alicesg said...

Hi, I have no taiwan number, I have no problem booking the tickets as per the above information in my blog, not sure about the new outlook or booking of the train ticket. Will have to look at the new format when I have the time before commenting.

discoverme said...

Hello! Appreciate your response. I've emailed them and settled my bookings. Thank you so much for your reply nonetheless :-)

alicesg said...

Hi, you are welcome. Glad all turns out well for you. Have a great trip.

♕sнυчι™ said...

hi! how do u fill up your GUI no.? I'm stucked at that.

alicesg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alicesg said...

Hi, I dont have problem booking the tickets as per the above information. As to the GUI No. is meant for Taiwanese Passport, you just need to click the passport no. and type your passport no.

alicesg said...

If you still encounter any problem, try email direct to THSR or your local Taiwan Tourism Board for help.

Yanz89 said...

Hi, Im buying 2 tickets from taoyuan to taichung, I was not asked to enter any names other than 1 passport number.
I proceed to confirm the booking and in my receipt passenger name is shown as "No Name". Does the counter ask for name verification when collecting tickets?

alicesg said...

Hi Yanz, yes they need to see your passport before issuing the ticketss, you need to print out your confirmation and show the counter with your passport, I guess if your passport no. and confirmation tallied, it should be fine.